As a Maintenance Mechanic you will assist with the diagnostic and preventative maintenance of company fleet program and equipment, to include hydraulic, electrical, pneumatic, automotive, diesel and heavy equipment repair.
- • Performs routine and emergency maintenance and repair of road tractors and other heavy equipment
• Conducts inspection, diagnosis, and repair of diesel engines, hydraulic systems, suspensions, drive-train components, electrical, air conditioning, air brakes, computer diagnostics and basic welding
• Performs daily preventative maintenance inspections, repairs, and scheduling
• Performs preventive maintenance inspections (PMI); troubleshoot, repair, and rebuild major components on vehicles and equipment; ensure accurate diagnosis and effective repair and/or replacement of components
• Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs
• Estimates time and material costs on vehicle repairs and requisitions new parts
• Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns
• Conducts safety checks on vehicles
• Completes required paperwork associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times
• Works under limited supervision using written or verbal instructions and established procedures to accomplish assigned tasks
• Maximizes equipment availability through the use of an efficient and proactive preventative maintenance program
• Performs other duties as assigned
- • Knowledge of advanced automotive and equipment servicing and repair; general use of personal computer and other related diagnostic equipment
• Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions
• Experience in troubleshooting vehicle service and repair issues
• Experience operating fueling equipment
• Experience using pressure equipment to wash and clean vehicles
• Ability to perform heavy physical labor
• Ability to operate computer and/or other related equipment
• Ability to follow Edison safety protocols and safe work practices.
• Must demonstrate the ability to integrate work across relevant areas, develop the business and services to enhance customer satisfaction and productivity, manage risks appropriately, manage information, and provide exceptional service to internal and external customers.
• Must demonstrate effective decision making, results delivery, team building, and the ability to stay current with relevant technology and innovation.
• Must demonstrate strong ethics, interpersonal skills, and the ability to effectively manage stress and engage in continuous learning.
• Valid driver license (class “A” preferred)
Education and/or Experience
- • 2 years related experience and/or training in automotive or commercial vehicle repair
• Proficiency in diagnosing and repair of diesel engines, hydraulic systems, suspensions, drive-train components, electrical, air conditioning, air brakes, and computer diagnostics
• Experience doing preventative maintenance inspections and scheduling
• Knowledge of electrical troubleshooting and repair, certification preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- • While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and smell
• The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
We are an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, disability or protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
APPLY ONLINE NOW!
If no resume is available, you can submit a full application HERE.