BRANCH MANAGER – CENTRAL VALLEY, CA
The Branch Manager will oversee day to day operations, asset and
personnel management, and possess P/L responsibility for the operation and associated
functions within the Branch geographic area and shared oversight of other Branch
functions as appropriate and as directed and developed. This person must possess the
ability to work with customers, managers and employees at all levels and across all
Division / Branch lines. He / She must be a self starter, able to work with minimal
direction and have the ability to identify needs within the Branch and propose ideas and
solutions to fill those needs. He/ She must have good communication skills, able to read
and understand basic financial statements and have a basic knowledge of business
finance. He must be able to read and understand contracts, project plans and
specifications, know the claims process and be able to submit a force account analysis for
any given project.
This position reports to the Milling / Soil Restructuring Operations Manager (as
well as the Safety Manager for all issues dealing with safety compliance) and has
authority over superintendents, operators and laborers working within the influence of the
Branch on field operations as well as all functions related to the shop– and office staff
necessary for facilitating the project management administrative requirements at the
This position will insure coordination with other Branches / Divisions for the allocation
of resources required to facilitate projects, and with the Equipment Management team to
ensure proper care of all equipment.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Enforce Company Safety policies and procedures as well as promote a
• Provide Leadership for all Branch functions.
• Manage employees reporting to Branch functions.
• Ongoing review of Branch performance – Job Costs, Equipment Costs,
• Prepare annual budgets, forecasts and strategic plans with clear objectives
and direction in terms of profit goals, operational efficiencies, capabilities,
sales and recognize/ submit plans to capitalize on the opportunities
• Insure Customer satisfaction through superior service, performance and
• Develop new customers.
• Supervise project planning and execution.
• Ensure timely completion and communication for all daily paperwork, i.e.
timesheets, production entries, billings, etc…
• Coordinate resources to balance strategic objectives with utilization and
• Develop skills and competencies of employees through, but not limited to,
Company programs, procedures and policies. Work with other Managers,
field personnel and Customers to develop standard operating practices
with stated benchmark improvement parameters.
• Enforce strict company policies and procedures relating to equipment /
vehicle maintenance and operating procedures.
• Track equipment costs, production, repairs and usage and find solutions to
• Ensure Branch facilities are well maintained and are compliant with all
governmental regulations and requirements including, but not limited
to, SWPP, Hazardous Materials, Licensing, MSDS, and DOT
• Promote a TEAM culture and atmosphere within your Branch as well as
across all division and branch lines.
This list is not exhaustive and includes additional duties this position demands for
success. These duties and responsibilities are subject to change at the discretion of the
|Job Category||Branch Manager|