Provides management with financial information by researching and analyzing accounts; preparing financial statements. To support the Controller in carrying out the responsibilities of the Finance & Accounting Department. Participates in Financial Statement preparation and analysis, Budget and Variance issues, and Forecasting activities.
· Assist the Controller in producing accurate and timely financial statements.
· Assist in the month end closing and financial reporting process including account analysis and reconciliation.
· Manager of all accounts payable and payroll processes.
· Oversee the cash management cycle.
· Responsible for filing of all tax returns and payment of related taxes except for income tax including but not limited to:
· Personal property (571L)
· Real property
· Sales tax returns
· Assisting the Controller in the direction of the accounting functions of an organization.
· Assists in preparation of budgets and financial reports and overseeing their evaluation.
· Presenting the various accounting reports to top management and making suitable observations and recommendations.
· Preventing inaccuracies in financial statements by suggesting improvements in internal control systems and adopting proper policies for financial reporting.
· Reviewing financial data periodically to ensure fairness and completeness of the data.
· Development and documentation of best practice operational and administrative procedures.
· Development of system controls to ensure data integrity.
· Provide technical systems support to other internal business units and management.
· Responsible for troubleshooting accounting system issues related to accounts payable and payroll.
· Serve as project team member for any system implementation or upgrades.
· Assist in special projects as necessary.
Education and Experience:
· B.S. degree in Accounting preferred
· CPA, CCIFP, CMA a plus
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Minimum of 7 years of experience in public/private accounting preferred
· Minimum of 5 years supervisory experience preferred
· Construction industry experience preferred
· Experience with construction accounting software a plus
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Strong organizational and time management skills
· Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
· Should have good judgement, planning skills and leadership traits.
· Displays vast knowledge of math and exceptional accounting skills.
· Possesses strong leadership, supervisory and management abilities.
· Has excellent critical thinking as well as analytical skills.
· Exhibits strong computer skills and knowledge of relevant technology.
· Demonstrates extensive knowledge of financial software programs.
· Possesses exceptional organizational skills and is an effective time manager and multi-tasker.
· Displays the ability to pay close attention to detail.
· Demonstrates good interpersonal skills along with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Has a working knowledge accepting accounting practices and financial accounting standards.
· Extends working hours into evenings and weekends during seasonal busy times.
· Spends time in a climate controlled office setting looking a computer screens and keyboarding.
· Attends budget meetings and other financial meetings on a regular basis.
· Some travel occasionally required.
Continuing Education Requirements:
Pavement Recycling Systems strongly supports and encourages personal and professional development by providing company paid continuing education opportunities relevant to the business objectives of each position. Continuing education delivery methods include live seminars, webinars, on demand webinars, self-study courses, professional and user conferences as well as other approved opportunities.
The continuing education expectation for this position is 40 hours per year.